Snoozefest 'Splains BoardGames
Rules/reviews for Euro/designer games. Not a podcast, but better because: 11.This list goes to 11! 10.No witty banter! 9.Irregular shows=pleasant anticipation! 8.Commercial free! 7.I actually know about these games! 6.No miniatures/RPG crap! 5.I don't overuse crazy, wacky, exactly, awesome, & Racko! 4.It’s NOT only a game! It's how you are spending your time--so do it right! 3.You must play to WIN! But don't be an ass about it. 2.You won't hear me yell RA! 1.Scotch trumps wine.
Wednesday, April 26, 2006
Rules #21: Fischmarkt (Fish Market)
Enhanced Audio - BGG Entry
An auction/negotiation/economic game where players are buying and selling fish.
1. Catch of the Day: show what the fisherman have caught, and which fish are in demand today.
2. Auction Phase: blind auction for each boat's catch.
3. Haggling Phase: lots of fun in a free-form market between players.
4. Selling Phase: sell fish, make money, and don't throw away too many fish!
5. Cleanup: Reset play area, deposit all but $50 into the bank.
After 4 rounds, whoever has the most money (cash + bank) wins!