Rules #12: Battle Line
Battle Line - Rules - BGG Listing
- Wow! It's been a LONG time! Actually, I recorded the rules for Australia some time early in January. Unfortunately, my laptop crashed and I lost that file; I haven't gotten around to doing it again. I later bought (eBayed) a headset/microphone to try to improve the sound quality of these recordings. More bad news - I couldn't get it (them; I actually got 2!) to work! My wife finally figured out that Macintoshes need powered microphones, so yet another little adapter device is on the way. It's been so long, though, that I decided to go ahead and record something.
- This file is a bit different from the others:
- I recently bought Garage Band and wanted to try it; this file is an enhanced podcast, with a few pictures taken from BoardGameGeek.
- I also tried using my iSight camera to record the audio, so it sounds kind of funny. I may eventually come back and record this again so it sounds better.
- I am considering this a test: does the podcast software work with enhanced files? do other (non-iTunes) applications play the audio part of the file? Please let me know if you have problems.
- So anyway, what about the game?? It's been out for many years, but I only learned to play it some time in the last year or so. Most gamers seem to think of it as Lost Cities For Gamers, which may be a fair summary except that so many gamers seem to like LC so much! I don't - I rate LC only 5 (or maybe 5.5) but BL gets an 8 from me right now: deeper, more interesting, just not quite as pretty.