Monday, July 11, 2005

My First Post...

{Added 19 May 2006: a brief audio introduction}

...and a test, really. How the heck do these things work?

I don't plan to post a huge amount of content here on the web site. Rather, this is meant to be a vehicle for delivering the occasional podcast - rule summaries, and maybe occasional session reports and reviews, for some of my boardgames.

The big question is: Why? Why would anyone want to listen to rules explanations? Well, I don't know :). Actually, I wouldn't expect this to be a "show" like most podcasts - this is not something ot regularly listen to. Rather, it's a way to (automatically) build a library of rules explanations that people can listen to as needed. I have over 300 games now, and despite my best intentions that number keeps growing (I blame the wife!). So sometimes it takes a long time - even years - before I make it back to a game (even the good ones)! I hope that when our group plans to play something I haven't played in a while, I can just listen to the rules on the drive over. Of course, if they take the time they could listen to it, too, and we wouldn't have to waste valuable time going over the rules!

Edit: my first post actually linked to several mp3s. I'm guessing that podcasts only work on the first file. So, I'm splitting the entry into 4 different ones.


4 Comments:

At September 15, 2005 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey There :-)

Saw your post over at Mark Johnson's "Boardgames To Go" where you mentioned the desire to find
"a more public venue, if we could find one well suited for all of us."

Our Social Gaming Group in the Houston-area went through a similar situation.

We're family-oriented and adults, vs the stereotypical backroom gamer. So it was a mission to find a suitable public venue for gaming. Items of importance were a nice establishment, inside location, good food and drink at reasonable pricing, "late" hours and separate area with tables for gaming. We found all that and More at our local Bennigan's which is more than Happy to accommodate our needs! If your needs are similar, and you have a local Bennigan's, you might wanna consider checkin them out and discussing accomodation with the manager :-)
Bennigan's for meets:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Houston-Social-Gamesters/message/20551
http://www.Bennigans.com

 
At September 19, 2005 8:34 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

denise,

Thanks for your comments - these, and the ones on BGTG. Our group is called DRGLASS, which stands for Durham Regional Gaming, Leisure and Supper Society. It's been around for several years, although I've only been a part of it for about 2 years or so. In all that time, we've never supped together! I've tried to get the group to meet for dinner somewhere, but it hasn't worked so far.

As for specific locations: we don't have a Bennigan's close to us. I have been to some of their other locations, although it's been quite a long time. It sounds like your group has got a great thing going! 1am is a bit late for me (have to wake up early for work), but some kind of Friday night dinner/gaming thing might work. It's something I will look into, and I'll check your group's site out for more information. Thanks!

 
At December 06, 2005 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

'lo there

Also followed the link from M Johnson's BGTG podcast.

Downloading your first one - I'll let you know what I think!

Guiness

 
At November 17, 2009 5:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home